hi dudes now the tr5 gone starting to play with the 4 would like to swap to spin on oil filter are these all the same ,which kit is the best one filer head is purolator type

regards gary B)

Make sure you obtain the latest version as the early adaptor plate was prone to leak at the original O-ring seal because it didn't clamp tightly enough. Which is why, after 2 years of trying, I reverted to the old tin can!

A good idea spoiled by lack of attention to detail - very frustrating!

Ian Cornish

Make sure you obtain the latest version as the early adaptor plate was prone to leak at the original O-ring seal because it didn't clamp tightly enough. Which is why, after 2 years of trying, I reverted to the old tin can!

A good idea spoiled by lack of attention to detail - very frustrating!

Ian Cornish

No sure if the latest one is any better as I have been back converting a few now.

Stuart.

Hi Gary

I fitted a spin-off filter kit to my TR4 a few weeks ago. Supplied by TRGB, it was a straight forward job and has not shown any sign of leaking - it was also fitted to a Purolator head like yours. I have fitted these items to at least 3 other TRs over the last 10 years and never had any problems. Follow the instructions given and go ahead - no more messy filter changes!

Regards GoGuy

My TR4 had a spin on oil filter conversion a couple of owners ago in about 2001 or thereabouts. I don't know which version it is, but it takes the A-series engine oil filters like the Unipart GFE116/GFE443 and the FRAM PH966B. I've just done an oil and filter change and don't have any problems with it.

Bri.