Door seals and clips

Has anyone found a suitable alternative to the door seal and clips (part nos. 605301 and 552901)? It's a bit expensive for the clips - 28 @ 70p each. I looked on the Woolies website but couldn't be sure whether any of their clips would do the job.

Secondly, is there anyone out there who could provide me with a paper pattern for the front of fuel tank cover so I could knock one up? Moss only sell it as part of the interior trim kit (which I don't want) and I don't think the quality would be particularly good anyway.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks

Rod

Years ago, I made a back panel from aluminium sheet. First a template from cardboard and ducktape (to secure the correct angle!) and with that contraption I went to the local metal workshop. Why alloy? It provides a stong basis for attaching the fire ext.

Menno

I'm near Stroud, which is not far from you, so if you want to come and make a copy of it, you're welcome. If we have a bit a plywood I could probably cut one out for you. May also be able to advise on clips if I could see them and I need to know how the trim goes together round the door because my interior is a bit of a wreck.

Ash

Rod, I was able to buy the front tank panel on it's own from TRGB. I believe they got them from a company in Suffolk who do trim for other Triumph models but not TRs in general. It may be worth ringing them to get a price unless you really want to make one. It comes with a central metal reinforcement strip on the reverse side. I wanted a black one fortunately but I don't know whether or ot they do them in other colours.

Hi Rod,

A couple of years ago I bought these seals and clips for the bottom of the doors for my TR2 but I found that the gap between the door and the sill was not big enough for the thickness of the rubber seal (probably my fault due to me having replaced the door skin and the sills). I used a simmilar but smaller sectioned seal from a double glazing unit (which I suspect is a superior quality material) and fixed it with some heavy duty double-sided tape.

For some reason I now have only 18 clips.PM me if you are interested in these and the seals.I don't know how much to ask, I think I would prefer to swap for something useful.

Regards, Colin.

Hi Rod,

A couple of years ago I bought these seals and clips for the bottom of the doors for my TR2 but I found that the gap between the door and the sill was not big enough for the thickness of the rubber seal (probably my fault due to me having replaced the door skin and the sills).

Not at all, the repros are much too big and the wrong shore rubber and always foul the sill making the door either hard to shut or leaving a line of rubber on view below the door.

Stuart.

I've decided to follow Colin's example (especially after Stuart's comments, for which many thanks) and use an alternative seal attached by double-sided Duck tape or Araldite or some such. Sorry Colin, you did yourself out of a sale but saved me some grief! Thanks so much.

The jury is still out on the fuel tank panel. Comments and suggestions still very welcome.

With thanks to all other contributors.

Rod