I took the TR3A out on Friday night to the local meet. It was brilliant fun, a bit like an oversized go cart. The steering, rack and pinion, is so direct and sensitive. The engine is powerful and very torqey. The whole car feels tight and rattle free. The seats, Cobra, are very comfortable, but a bit too big for the car. All in all I am well pleased with my Nov 09 purchase and the experiance. I also have the Six, which is to be coddled, but 249 NEH, is for driving in all summer weather. Good enough to look after, but not to really worry about. I intend to keep it for a couple of years, and then either sell it, or give it the works, with top HP, and the best suspension set up. The six though is for ever. David Johnson

David,

There is no reason why the experience from last Friday night can't/won't continue (Sounds like a phrase I'd use in a man2man talk with my 19 year old son!B))

I'd bet in two years time you won't want to sell the 3A, nor the 6.

Regards

Peter

........I intend to keep it for a couple of years, and then either sell it, or give it the works, with top HP, and the best suspension set up.

David,

I've had two 6s, and you won't want to sell the 3A - trust me! B)

Cheers

Andrew

Hi David,

We are on hols in the alpine wilderness area of our State with almost no laptop internet, but in a brief moment of hookup I had to endorse what Andrew and Don said about their TR3A's. Over 40+ years of classic car collecting including most TR models, the one constant is to always have a TR3A in the garage. It would always be the last car sold, even after the daily drivers.

Whenever I dig ours out for a gallop there's just pure motoring pleasure from this rugged yet simple little sports car that can't be replicated.

Regards,

Viv.

Even if you WANT to sell it, DON'T. You will SOON regret it. (Take my word on this, it took me 46 years to get another one). My first car, in 1961, was a 1958 TR3A, identical to Don's car. I went in the Navy in 1962, then drove the car from the Atlantic coast to the Pacific coast in 1963, where I drove it until my first cruise.

Now, the big mistake. Instead of taking the car back to Maryland, and letting my Dad maintain it while I did my service tour, I SOLD it in California, for a pittance. After the Navy, there was college, and no money for a toy. After college, there was marriage and a family, and no money for a toy. 46 six years later, there was retirement and a divorce, and there was money for a toy! [but, it was no longer a pittance!]

Don't sell it. Even if you can't maintain it, find a garage or barn somewhere, put it on jack stands and cover it up. You will thank your lucky stars some day...

Good luck.

Edited by TR3BGeorge