I bought one together with the other associated fittings from Moss a few years ago. Don't know if they still stock them but it's a simple piece of wire bent at either end.

I can't send a photo at present as I'm away from the car.

JeffR

The check rod (piece of wire) is shown as part number 601973 in the Moss catalogue and it is £8.22 inc VAT on it's own, so I would definitely try and make your own. I was lucky and found one at the International autojumble a few years ago with the bracket & buffer. I will try and remember to photograph it this weekend. LHD brackets appear to be still available but not rhd ones, the curve being a different profile, but i'm sure they could be "adjusted" to fit, especially as it is out if sight most of the time.

Mt TR3a has no glove box stay. Does anybody have details so I can make up one,

including internal bracket, or even perhaps a spare one.

Thanks David Johnson.

David,

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a photo.

AlanR

David, As promised, picture of stay rod & bracket enclosed. I can't now remember whether the one I found and used was r/h/d or l/h/d but it fits OK on a rhd TR2. Thre is a round rubber damper attached to the bracket to stop vibration. It isn't obvious what it is from the photo.

Hope this helps.