Floor Panels (Sidescreen Cars)

I received a PM from Billy Seggar (KwikFrog?) asking me to talk to Moss about Floor Panels. Billy stated that "the panels Moss are selling at the moment are not a very good quality .... compared with a Heritage panel, there is no contest".

At Hopcroft's Holt for the 40th celebrations, I spoke to Pete Buckles and he told me that Moss obtain ALL the floor panels for the sidescreen cars from Heritage, but Heritage do not have any available at present.

Is Billy corect?

Has Heritage changed the way the panels are made?

I don't know the answers!

I'm posting this as the subject might be of wider interest and because I cannot find a button to send a PM to Billy! Has something changed on the Forum? Is there a secret route to sending a PM?

Ian Cornish

I cannot find a button to send a PM to Billy! Has something changed on the Forum?

Is there a secret route to sending a PM?

Ian Cornish

Ian,

On the left, by the avatar, there is a button to PM a Forum member.

The other way is through the email you should have received through

the Register - there will be a link to answer the PM.

This leads to the the PMs sent and received on a topic.

Took me a while to work that out, though. A different system in operation

now, although it works well enough when you know which button to click on.

AlanR

Ian

It was me that sent the email the reason for the mail rather than a forum posting was that I did not want to air my blunt opinion of the panels in the open air. I appreciate the effort that Pete Buckles and the team at moss make to keep our cars on the road please do not get me wrong. It was just the marked differences in 2 floor panels that I have that made me PM you as I know you have been around the scene longer than I have and know all the important players.

I did not know my mail would appear as from Billy seggar which as you have worked out is Silly Beggar a pseudenuem under my Avatar.

I will PM you with the rest of my thoughts

Regards

Kiwifrog AKA Alan Wynn

It would seem to me that this forum is just the place to discuss the quality and fit of reproduction panels. If Heritage has put out a bad batch, they need to know and so does Moss, their dealers and particularly end users. I just replaced both floors on my TR3 but I don't know if they were the panels in question. I got them recently from two different sources (TRF and LBC here in the US). They were quite different, obviously from different batches if not different tools. Both needed folds dressed and a bit snipped here and there but both acceptable in my opinion but perhaps these were made prior to the panels that prompted this thread. Even though floor panel inventories probably turn fairly quickly, I'm sure there is some shelf time. I'd be very interested in knowing what to expect next time.

Tom Mulligan

Alan R - thanks for the pointer to posting messages. Our Webmaster has given a more general method: click on one's name at top right of the screen and a menu appears!

Alan W (Kiwifrog) - I think I got confused over names and aliases! Following your seciond message, I have e-mailed Pete Buckles to get a more detailed response. This I shall post as soon as received. I appreciate your concern about beating up suppliers, for without Cox & Buckles in particular, we would not have nearly as many TRs in roadworthy condition as are seen these days. Things were dire when they got going in the early 1970s and they worked their socks of to preserve the marque - I was able to say this publicly to all those who managed to get to Hopcroft's Holt for the celebrations on Sunday, and to any others who "tuned in" to the broadcast of the proceedings. Nevertheless, I think it better to air such matters in a non-confrontational manner, for if there should be a quality problem then knowledge of it should mean that it can be addressed.

By the way, despite the fact that the weather kept many away, Sunday was a splendid and most enjoyable occasion. And we will do something similar in 2020!

Ian Cornish

Alan R - thanks for the pointer to posting messages. Our Webmaster has given a more general method: click on one's name at top right of the screen and a menu appears!

Alan W (Kiwifrog) - I think I got confused over names and aliases! Following your seciond message, I have e-mailed Pete Buckles to get a more detailed response. This I shall post as soon as received. I appreciate your concern about beating up suppliers, for without Cox & Buckles in particular, we would not have nearly as many TRs in roadworthy condition as are seen these days. Things were dire when they got going in the early 1970s and they worked their socks of to preserve the marque - I was able to say this publicly to all those who managed to get to Hopcroft's Holt for the celebrations on Sunday, and to any others who "tuned in" to the broadcast of the proceedings. Nevertheless, I think it better to air such matters in a non-confrontational manner, for if there should be a quality problem then knowledge of it should mean that it can be addressed.

By the way, despite the fact that the weather kept many away, Sunday was a splendid and most enjoyable occasion. And we will do something similar in 2020!

Ian Cornish

.....and to any others who "tuned in" to the broadcast of the proceedings.

Ian, tuned in how ?

Stan

.....and to any others who "tuned in" to the broadcast of the proceedings.

Ian, tuned in how ?

Stan

TimS can explain how, as he was listening from home. There was an announcement on the website to say the facility was available that day. The technical team were relaying the speeches via our website, I believe. It might be something to do with twittering? I don't know whether the activities can be recalled, or whether it was just a live broadcast.

Ian