Absolutely. My Standard Motor company trace clearly states "Blackberry leather trim, Blackberry Hood/sidescreens.

Stuart

Whilst on the subject of weather equipment colours, blackberry is a rich maroon colour -

NOT to be confused with 'red' which is well illustrated on this original item :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Triumph-TR-3-original-red-top_W0QQitemZ250559554393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a56836359

This would be a TR3 item, as it has the side windows.

The colour matches Lou Metelko's hood, but note the single small

window on the early TR2s - nice detail that Lou has reproduced.

AlanR

FWIW I bought that print. Well for 99p it will look ok on the wall of the workshop! ;)

Stuart.

P.S. If that is your TR4, I LOVE your blonde wife! The right side of her face is ADORABLE !!!!

You are supposed to be looking at my car!

But since you mention it, I can assure you that her left side is equally adorable :rolleyes:

Regards

Peter

The true Ice Blue has proven to be a very difficult colour to duplicate on film. It is not really a blue but is more of a grayish green tint. In bright sun it is almost a white, in deep shade a light mint green while in a dappled shade the blue is evident. Truely a remarkable colour.

Chaseing and verifying the Geranium interior was as much fun as verifying the Ice Blue exterior. Since TS1 is also with Geranium interior, the then owner of TS1 and I collaborated on the selection of rolls of vinyl and leather, even useing the same installer.

My dearly loved Ice Blue / Geranium TR2 (aka TS981L) was put on the road mid 2003 and has averaged 3,500 miles yearly. As I have said many times "If you see Lou's TR2 on a trailer, it is either broke or stolen".

I gave Bill P the Dupont formula for Ice Blue so if interested in duplicating, don't hesitate to ask Bill for the formula.

Lou Metelko

Auburn, Indiana

USA

If anyone is desperately interested in the colour of Blackberry . . . .

Rooting amongst the last boxes of Alannids Cave, out came a piece of Blackberry leather, and relatively unfaded by the passing years at that. It's been packed in a trunk for the best part of 40 years I suppose, so it's probably fairly original.

Appalling colour, truly horrible, reminds me of the ghastly blackberry puddings and blancmanges my mother used to make when I was a kid - the ones I always surreptitiously fed to the dog, Staffords will eat anything :P

On the back it has stencilled 45558, which I'd hazard a guess is the shade number - I'm pretty sure it's not a part number, and it was usual for leather to have a shade number on each sheet.

Cheers,

Alec

Rooting amongst the last boxes of Alannids Cave, out came a piece of Blackberry leather

Really? Are you sure? I don't recall that.

There is a piece of red leather trim from a TR3 seat back, but the

only blackberry item I recall was a tonneau, passed on yonks ago.

AlanR

• 9 months later...