Interesting Photo

It's been too cold to work on the cars so I decided to take some time to sort through my TR archives. I came across this interesting TR5 photo in the Nov. 1991 issue of Practical Classics magazine. Something doesn't look correct, does it? :lol:

TR500001-1.jpg

Is that what's meant when something is referred to as being built on a Friday Afternoon?

Looks like an easy mistake :D

Rob

I can just imagine the final inspection as it came off the line. Doh !

Here's the original image for the discombobulated

TR5.jpg

Photo does raise one question that I have been searching for an answer on.....

So many of the TR5's i've seen are shown with chrome air cannisters (plennum chanbers?), although this doesn't appear to be specifed anywhere in the TR5 literature (even a few in Graham Robson's book have them.

Roger (TR5) registrar is of the opinion that these are most likley after market, but it just seems so coincidental that so many that I have seen have them, yet very few 6's

Any ideas?? :huh:

Photo does raise one question that I have been searching for an answer on.....

So many of the TR5's i've seen are shown with chrome air cannisters (plennum chanbers?), although this doesn't appear to be specifed anywhere in the TR5 literature (even a few in Graham Robson's book have them.

Roger (TR5) registrar is of the opinion that these are most likley after market, but it just seems so coincidental that so many that I have seen have them, yet very few 6's

What... like this one inherited with my 6 ?

As regards that photo, it appears that all the air inlet pipes from plenum to throttle body, have clips on them. This is wrong, is it not ? Otherwise, it looks OK to me unsure.gif

Ivor

Newlinkageetc.jpg

Edited by 88V8

Hi Stan

So how did they do it? :unsure:

If you develop the wrong side of an old film negative, thats what happens!

I have seen it a few times in old classic mags before digital images came in!!