Hey Guys,

I have an easy one for you: what tire pressure do you use on wire wheel tires THAT HAVE A TUBE in them?

I know what the original Triumph handbook says, and that was for tires with tubes. However, these new tires are radials. Do radials change the formula?

The previous owner says to keep 35 psi in them, but I don't know from where he got that information.

I am going over to pick up my spare tire (mounted and balanced), and I will ask the Goodyear folks there. But, the oldest guy there is pretty young, so I don't know how much experience he has had with wire wheels. I know that he has NONE with tubes, as Goodyear doesn't make a tubed tire, or make a tube.

Thanks in advance.

See http://www.tr-register.co.uk/tyre_press.php

I don't think it matters whether you are using wire wheels or steel, or whether tubed or tubeless. The important point is the differences for cross-ply and radial.

FWIW, I use 24/28 on both cars - TR3A on steels and tubeless, TR4A on wires with tubes (of course).

Choose a suitable starting point and adjust one end at a time by a couple of psi until you are happy. But 35 is way too high in my opinion.

Edited by BrianC

I agree with Brian, 35 is way too high for road use. Somewhere around the mid-20s is a good starting point. I use 26 on both ends with 195/65 radial tyres on TR6 (5.5J) steel rims.

Ian Cornish

I agree with Brian, 35 is way too high for road use. Somewhere around the mid-20s is a good starting point. I use 26 on both ends with 195/65 radial tyres on TR6 (5.5J) steel rims.

Ian Cornish

26 front and rear seems to work for me on stock/original tyre size.

Mychael