Boot Floor - pre 60000K - Horizontal or not?

I have an odd question. Should the boot floor on a pre-60000K standard road going car be horizonal, or at a slight angle.

Reason for asking is that my tub has been reunited with a different chassis after 3 years or so and I've noticed that the floor is not horizontal. Its higher at the rear of the car, although the body is connecting with the chassis brackets as it should (it's been that long that I can't remember what it should look like)! I've checked my books for references and it looks to be angled, however can anyone confirm before I start to panic, just ever so slightly!

Many thanks

Edited by Devs

I have an odd question. Should the boot floor on a pre-60000K standard road going car be horizonal, or at a slight angle.

Reason for asking is that my tub has been reunited with a different chassis after 3 years or so and I've noticed that the floor is not horizontal. Its higher at the rear of the car, although the body is connecting with the chassis brackets as it should (it's been that long that I can't remember what it should look like)! I've checked my books for references and it looks to be angled, however can anyone confirm before I start to panic, just ever so slightly!

Many thanks

They always run down at an angle forward. Hence why the front corners are normally rotted out! ;)

Stuart.

They always run down at an angle forward. Hence why the front corners are normally rotted out! ;)

Stuart.

I suppose it's better to rot the front than the back with all those complicated closing panels.

I seem to remember having a rubber bung in each front corner of mine, presumably to drain it. Alas, I don't think any of the previous dozen or so owners had bothered. It was so bad I ended up fibre-glassing the whole boot - new floors weren't a consideration in those days.

I seem to remember having a rubber bung in each front corner of mine, presumably to drain it.

Alas, I don't think any of the previous dozen or so owners had bothered.

Hi Brian,

Were these not officially plugs for paint drain holes ?

AlanR

Thanks chaps, one less thing to worry about.

Another question ...... the B post - it should be 90 degrees, without exception? My tub has been braced since it was removed (3 bars were included in the brace - in fact - one of the brace bars is still in place), however now when fitted to the chassis, the B post has an obvious angle, which puts the door alignment off. The doors still shut, although there is a larger gap at the top then at the bottom.

Things don't seem right with this one anymore!

Thanks chaps, one less thing to worry about.

Another question ...... the B post - it should be 90 degrees, without exception? My tub has been braced since it was removed (3 bars were included in the brace - in fact - one of the brace bars is still in place), however now when fitted to the chassis, the B post has an obvious angle, which puts the door alignment off. The doors still shut, although there is a larger gap at the top then at the bottom.

Things don't seem right with this one anymore!

Yes it should be at 90 to the sill.

Stuart.

Thanks Stuart, you confirmed what I suspected to be the case.

Just been checking through some previous photographs, my B-posts have never been at a true 90 degrees, so it makes me feel slightly better, although it's the start of a long road!

Edited by Devs