Brooklands Aero screens

Does anyone have a picture of the mounts to the scuttle and the detail of the flap attachment to the underside. Looking at making as near original for the modern "brooklands" screens.

Any picture detail greatfully received.

Guest colinTR2
Does anyone have a picture of the mounts to the scuttle and the detail of the flap attachment to the underside. Looking at making as near original for the modern "brooklands" screens.

post-4152-1255697773_thumb.jpgpost-4152-1255697812_thumb.jpg[

attachment=5301:PICT0042_reduced.jpg]

Rod

Two photos of my new aeroscreens from Tom Maddock (green makes a change of colour!!). These are pretty good and unrecognisable as the real thing unless you are a real nerd. You have choices from Tom, I just bought a new pair of Brooklands screens and then the feet, glass and rubber from Tom. He will also sell you a full replica but I didn't even ask how much these are, the conversions are good enough for me. The flap of rubber underneath is actually an L-shaped piece which is stuck underneath, there is not the depth in the Brooklands casting to machine in a slot as original. I stuck it with double sided tape. Cost was close to £200 for the pair. You have to do some work yourself, remove the glass from the Brooklands screen, file the inside corners square, glue the new glass in with black mastic, apply masking tape to the bottoms of the feet. My car still had the original bolts in the scuttle, so I just used these, not bad for 54 years old!

I have also attached a detail photo of an original screen held by the Register in the office for comparison.

post-4152-1255697797_thumb.jpg

post-4152-1255697773_thumb.jpg

post-4152-1255697797_thumb.jpg

post-4152-1255697812_thumb.jpg

Hope you like "Flies in your teeth"

The repro Brooklands aeroscreens I bought had feet with holes that were too close to match the original fittings, so I made a simple adapter. The screens permanently bolt to a piece of steel plate which in turn can be attached to the scuttle using the normal mounting. A piece of leather cut to size sits underneath to prevent metal to metal contact. Not original perhaps, but not obviously so and they have been in place since 1999 with no problems so far.

Does anyone have a picture of the mounts to the scuttle and the detail of the flap attachment to the underside. Looking at making as near original for the modern "brooklands" screens. Any picture detail greatfully received.

Rod

You have a PM.

Cheers

Andrew