What's hiding underneath?

I don't rate it as highly as the weld on my 4A, that the sandblaster wouldn't clean, that turned out to be a wad of bubblegum. however, possibly a close second.

? just bought the pop riveter and never owned one before?

Whoops! Just discovered under "'Lights' some help please", that it is called a Froginator.

Edited by littlejim
What do you think about this strap of aluminium on the inner side of this passenger fender?

Here's another "what the hell?" normal_0811091545a.jpg I'm wondering what this piece of metal riveted to the inner lip of the passenger front fender is all about... Any guesses? It IS coming off as it's currently annoying the hell out of me.... FE

FENDER??? Are you by chance a transplant from this side of the water?

I'm thinking it shouldn't be there. :)

I can't tell if that is the top of the wing or the bottom, if it's the top that could be part of the bead between the wing and tub.

At last I've figured out what angle we are looking at. I thought this was the inside, below the inner arch. Russa's right - it is the tongue from the stainless trim strip. Assuming it is a TR3. If TR2 it should not be there. When you buy a new strip this bit will come with it.

Nick

Thanks Nick!

UPPER lip of the (Yes I'm a yank) right front fender. :) I have no clue what that aluminum piece is doing there so I thought I'd have a show and tell.

This is the space between the bonnet and the fender. Which is why I am assuming that this piece is part of the Stainless steel Fender Trim that run's the length of all 4 fenders?

FE (sorry for signing FE, it's been my user name on another site for many years, and I'm just very used to it :),)

Edited by TR3 restoration

I was more interested in what looks like an angle welded to the inside of the wing lower down. looks like someone has to resort to the same trick as I did to keep the lower wing flat.

Mine dished when I welded a repair patch into one side.

Rgds Ian

Oh right! That is a brand new lower wing I installed a couple months ago. The other was absolutely **** rusted out, so I put a new lower piece on that my client picked up off some TR website.

I think I got it smack dab right on also. And the reason the inner lip is only stitched is because I will be filling that with urethane, as the other lip was lap welded solid, the inner only needed stitches, as it will be well sealed from moisture and debris.

I have photo's of the process in my computer somewhere.