TR5 HANDBOOK - NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER ONLINE

Guest Brian Sparrowhawk

Guest Brian Sparrowhawk

The long awaited TR5 Owners Handbook is now available to order online

The Spares Development Fund, TR Register and Brooklands Books are delighted to announce that this long awaited reproduction of the 2nd Edition of the Handbook is now available to order.

This book is priced at £9.95 and you can place your order via the online shop or by telephoning the office on

01235 818866

Kind Regards

Brian Sparrowhawk

Regalia & Events

I have before me both Mike Hughes' original 2nd Edition (thanks, Mike, for making it available as the "Master" for this project) and some copies of the the reproduction - and I am delighted that the reproductions are up to Brooklands Books' usual high standard. The differneces are small: the cover doesn't have the faded blue look; the IMPORTANT notice on the inside front cover is in black (was red); the "Printed in England" notice on the 2nd Index page has gone (because it wasn't!); there's a list of Triumph Factory Manuals on the inside rear cover, along with a copyright notice etc; and there is an ISBN number on the rear cover. The photos are at least the equal of those in Mike's original - in all, I can say that I am delighted with the result.

As stated by Brian, the Handbooks are available now - I delivered two large boxes to him at Didcot this morning.

After discussion with Allen and Brian about our rather counter-intuitive policy on postage (which would have meant free postage on one copy, but a postage charge on two or more!), Allen decreed that (for the UK) postage would be free on as many copies of the Handbook as a member wished to purchase - one for the glove pocket, a second for the library, a third for the garage, a fourth for the loo .... etcetera!

Ian Cornish, on behalf of the Spares Development Fund

Thank You Ian & Brian I ordered two today

Regards

Neil

Neil

why two are they that good. I was going to be bring and just go for the one to match the car ...

I received my two from Ian Cornish (thanks Ian) last night at out NLG meeting.Lovely Jubbly.Well worth the wait.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter. :rolleyes:

Hi Harry

Yep they are very good indeed, can you or anybody tell me what the water pipes on page 27 above the pump are for I have never seen them before on any Tr 5

Regards

Neil

Edited by ntc

Harry,

The same image is in the TR250 handbook. Not unusual for Triumph to use the same images in different publications, they certainly did that for the TR6. Suggest that you look in a TR250 partsbook. The early US TR6 had a take off there for a thermostatic valve and presumably the TR250 had something similar. Unfortunately I don't have a TR250 parts book to confirm.

Cheers

Derek

I sent the query to Alan Graham, who passed it to Roger Ferris, who writes as follows:

It's the water pipe for the inlet manifold on a TR250. As I recall, a few of the pics are not of a TR5 since they didn't have a true 'production' version of the 5 ready when the pics were required. Even the first TR5 sales brochure features an airbrushed 4A and a 'mock up' engine bay.

Ian Cornish

I sent the query to Alan Graham, who passed it to Roger Ferris, who writes as follows:

It's the water pipe for the inlet manifold on a TR250. As I recall, a few of the pics are not of a TR5 since they didn't have a true 'production' version of the 5 ready when the pics were required. Even the first TR5 sales brochure features an airbrushed 4A and a 'mock up' engine bay.

Ian Cornish

Hi Ian

Thanks for clarifying that, it makes sense as the 250 was produced 7 weeks before the 5

Regards

Neil

Edited by ntc

there was a handbook on ebay

went for £77

a bit of a change from the £300 ish

this must be due to the availability of the reproductions

can we have some wings etc done and we might see 5 prices reduce HA HA

(i do have a rebuild to do)

cheers

david