Rather short notice but we didn't know if we were going to get there! Our Warwick GT350 which Ian has spent three years ad a lot of blood, sweat and money on is out at Snetterton on Sunday. It will be running in the Swinging Sixties two driver race with the Classic Sports Car Club. A GT 350 first ran in 1961 at Snetterton, it was number 24 and primrose yellow, both of which our car is. We believe that it is the first time a GT350 has raced since 1962. So wish us luck everyone, as we haven't even driven it on the road yet let alone a track. It has a Buick 3.5 V8 in it. (Ian is putting the finishing touches to it now!) If you are there please come and find us to say hello.

For those that were not there...

It was a lovely sunny afternoon. The GT350L looks good and sounds better. It finished, and wasn't embarrased in a mixed field of E-Types, Corvettes, and assorted V8s. Truly a memorable day.

Well done Cela and Ian.

FF

Hi All,

What an occasion! We managed to get the GT 350 to Snetterton, finishing work on it at 0200 on Sunday morning! There will be a full report in TRaction so I won't go into much detail. Suffice it to say we were delighted with the car, it is great to drive and we can't wait to race it again. What I will say is the support from our stalwart friends is incomparable. Nigel, who as always was there to help with emergencies, manned the pit wall and arrived in his immaculate Phase One, Frank Jones drove up from the South Coast in his much travelled Phase Two, "Big" Frank who is always there and comes to everything he can and last but certainly not least Duncan Trigg, the Warwick man! He always had his camera at the ready, made the V8 engine note his ring tone and has been brilliant. These were the "P&W" crew. Then Irene and David from the Stour TR group who always come to Snett. There are many more, too many to mention, but I never stop being utterly amazed how great everyone , all our friends and aquaintances are. Hopefully this is just the start of the "350s" racing career. We haven't deserted our lovely Peerless, he's just having a well earned rest but he will be racing later in the Season. That's all for now, till the next time!

It's the proper jobbie, with a pukka Buick not a Rover lump. Rebuild courtesy of John Eales, in double-quick time.

The V8 Lady and I called in on Celia and Ian, Saturday last. All hands on deck, working furiously to finish the car for Snetterton the following day, robbing bits from the Peerless to get the Warwick rolling. Bloody good effort, congratulations to all concerned.

Cheers,

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

Thanks for that Alec, we were very pleased with the car and are looking forward to campaigning it. Attached is a quote from John Turner who posts on Ten Tenths motorsport forum and who came to see us amongst others at Snett.

Warwick 350GT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With more hope than expectation, I submitted a piece on the Warwick's return to the track, to Kevin. Whilst, space constraints (the bane of any editor's life) prevented the piece being published in Autosport, at least we did get the story in, Celia, on page 89 in the 'In Brief' section accompanied by a small pic taken by Richard Styles. Since it was barely used, I don't think there is any harm in printing my submission here:-

History Repeating itself

The Buick engined Warwick GT350 first raced at Snetterton in 1961. Last Sunday, after much burning of the midnight oil (the car only completed by 2.00am that morning!), Ian McDonald and Celia Stevens replicated that event when they took their very rare survivor of this marque back on track at Snetterton's CSCC meeting. Just like its predecessor 48 years ago, it was painted yellow, carried the race no 24 and was allocated to pit garage 15! Despite the GT350 being grossly under geared and the race effectively becoming a long test session, Ian and Celia completed the 40 minute Swinging Sixties race and expressed themselves well satisfied with the car's first race outing for decades. The rear axle ratio will now be changed and further outings are planned

Yes there are photos, but I can't work out how to minimize them enough for this site! If you go to the Peerless and Warwick website and then the forum there are some on that. Sorry my lack of techno whatsit is not good!

Thanks 710 club, yes Sir Nigel was there to give us his usual exemplary support but you'll have to wait for my report in TRaction. We'll let you know with more notice when it's next out and hopefully we'll see some of our other TR supporters as well! Thanks guys.