Some pics of my TR2

Looks lovely.

I'm very envious of you as I lived in Richmond for a couple of years amd know how brilliant the roads can be at this time.

Especially out of the tourist season when you are not held up by Reg and Beryl out for a Sunday spin in their Toyota ;)

Regards

Peter

Lovely car, but have you got a body in the boot? The rear end looks a little low to me, but it could be that you larger tyres than the old 155x70, perhaps.

Ian Cornish

Here are some pics of my car taken today, started to rain as soon as I got it out of the garage. Will get some better ones taken in the Yorshire dales, as soon as the weather clears up.

Jack: That is one beautiful car. I can tell you haven't been, "sitting in the corner", but rather caring for this piece of history. :)

Speaking of Yorkshire, my wife and I visited the dales many years ago. We actually got to meet the proper, "James Herrott", a Mr. James Alfred Whight, at his surgery in the little town of Thirk. What a true gentleman - may he rest in peace!

Edited by angelfj

All the credit for the condition of the car goes to the last two owners. It realy has been cared for after its full restoration. Needs a bit of paint on the red oxide paint that you can see in the side photo.

I am going to take the stick on number plate off and fit a proper one to hang beneath the badge bar. Just need to order a good one before I peal it off. Hope there is nothing bad underneath.

Ian, there is nothing in the boot, but I thought the same thing when I took the photo today. The tyres are Goodyear GT80's, 165R15. I guess the 80 is the profile size, so would account for the low looking back end.

Guy, we are off to France for our holidays that weekend, so will not be able to go. Thinking of booking up for the Le Mans classic in 2010 though.

Regards Jack

Thanks for posting the pictures Jack. Your car looks great. It has inspired me to get back out and continue with my TR2 long door restoration which I haven't touched for about 6 weeks due to cold weather, Christmas and a recent bout of the flu.

I agree that if you have got the front bumper fitted a proper number plate would look preferable. I believe that some MoT testers can be difficult with stick on plates on bonnets like the TR4 when the plate is almost horiozontal and hence is difficult to see, but I don't think you would have any such official difficulties with yours if you did decide to leave it.

I'm going to fit the front bumper also as I would also like a spot and fog light like yours. Do you happen to know where you can get the bracket which fits to the badge bar at the base of the fog and spot light as I haven't seen them advertised, and the fog & spot light I'm going to use don't have them fitted.

Good luck with the car. Hope to see it at Le Mans Classic 2010.

Edited by Trevor S