I fully realise that this is going to make me look like the silly old fart that I probably am, but can somebidy please explain the meaning of IMHO as it is driving me mad, or have I missed something quite obvious?

John

In My Humble Opinion

HTH ;)

John

Hope This Helps or Here To Help

Try this for more.... http://www.gaarde.org/Acronyms/?lookup=A-Z

Edited by trfella

I fully realise that this is going to make me look like the silly old fart that I probably am, but can somebidy please explain the meaning of IMHO as it is driving me mad, or have I missed something quite obvious?

John

[in My Honest Opinion............you are a silly old fart ;) ]

John

Hi John

Try working this one out SWIMBO :lol:

Edited by ntc
ooh yes, I'd obey her too! Anything she wanted.... :P

Yep she looks to have more sideways movement that a TR5/6 chassis !!!! :lol:

Alan

Ex-X755

John

Hi John,

When email was in its infancy, there was a "Netiquette" that many Internet nerds subscribed to. A lot of email related acronyms were developed by these Internet nerds but these are no longer as widely used, with some exceptions. One of the reasons for their demise was the development of websites, but there is an irony in using IMHO when often the opinion is strongly held and the person was not in the least humble about their knowledge. A bit like Uriah Heep (Dickens - not the 70s band). It was not helped by the same nerds insisting that capitals in emails are equivalent to shouting. So using IMHO was shouting about how humble they are! Personally, I have no problem with people using these acronyms or using capitals, but some are very sensitive to these things.

TT

but there is an irony in using IMHO when often the opinion is strongly held and the person was not in the least humble about their knowledge. A bit like Uriah Heep (Dickens - not the 70s band). It was not helped by the same nerds insisting that capitals in emails are equivalent to shouting. So using IMHO was shouting about how humble they are! Personally, I have no problem with people using these acronyms or using capitals, but some are very sensitive to these things.

TT

Very true

SEOT ;)

John - now you should be a dab hand with that one if you use the link I gave you!! :P ETA - Nope, tried it myself - not on there! Try Google instead :)

Edited by trfella