Aeroscreens update

I have restarted on the replica sidescreens and expect to be able to price these and have the first batch ready for sale by mid February.

The first bbatch already have names on ,but a further batch will start probably in March.The slowest part of the job is the tooling,most of which is now done

I will post again when I have further progress.

Yes Aero Screens. Tom would have corrected it , but his computer is on the blink.

Hi Tom

This probably accounts for not receiving a reply to my two PMs if Tom's PC is duff, which are below:

Hi David

Would you mind passing on the contents of my PM to Tom if you are in contact?

Cheers

Andrew

Tom

Sent this PM on 7 December, is there any news of prices etc?

Thanks

Andrew

Conversion feet for a brooklands to fit directly on to the TR mounting brackets are available from me. These are similar to the feet used on the correct factory screens. Shown here with the glass replaced with the correct TR shape. Making a very acceptable alternative to spending a fortune on the real thing

Hi Tom

Can you please give me a price including P&P for a pair of conversion feet for the Brooklands screens?

Can you please also tell me if it possible for you to change the glass in my original Brooklands screens with the ‘correct’ shaped TR glass, as it’s has got to be more economical to use my original frames?

If so, what would you charge including P&P?

Many thanks

Andrew

Hi Tom

This probably accounts for not receiving a reply to my two PMs if Tom's PC is duff, which are below:

Hi David

Would you mind passing on the contents of my PM to Tom if you are in contact?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi Tom

Can you please give me a price including P&P for a pair of conversion feet for the Brooklands screens?

Can you please also tell me if it possible for you to change the glass in my original Brooklands screens with the ‘correct’ shaped TR glass, as it’s has got to be more economical to use my original frames?

If so, what would you charge including P&P?

Many thanks

Andrew

Will pass message on to Tom .

On the glass point , dead easy , did it my self . Smash old glass out , a vice helped me pull it out . I used black mastic to seal new glass in , but TR2/3 windscreen sealing material would do just as well .

yours David S.

Thanks David, and also so for the tip – I just need to get the 'correct' height glass from Tom and the converted feet.

Regards

Andrew

Passed your details to Tom . His computer works , but his cable broadband service is very poor at moment .

Polishing the frame also helps brings the frame up to a mirror finish , making it look more chrome like .

yours David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I've decided to convert my original 60s Brooklands screens to aeroscreens, in so much that I'm changing the glass and mounting feet to original Triumph specification units. I have removed the glass and feet ready to accept Tom's units and will document my progress and the end result in the coming weeks with photos and an article for the Forum. B)

Will keep you all posted.

Cheers

Andrew