TR£ paint codes

Hi everyone. Can anyone come up with a definitive paint code for 1959 Triumph DARK British Racing Green please - and a supplier too if at all possible.

I'm hoping to get the TR3 painted this month and its getting rather urgent. Alec reckons Dockers were the orginal suppliers of paint to Triumph in 1959 but I have also been given an ICI code of 2855 from the same period.

RSVP ASAP please!

Hogie.

Edited by Paul Hogan

Hi Paul

Idling away an hour or two last week at the TSSC headquarters I spotted on a shelf of goodies donated by Dave Gleed an original ICI Delco Triumph paint swatch set. Detailed on the back of each swatch are both the contributing paint colours and their % contribution.

This was dated from the late fifties as I was able to obtain a copy of the swatch for Winchester Blue.

Contacting Nigel at the TSSC would be a good start.

I was fortunate years ago to obtain from an old Triumph Retail dealer in Pontypool (Windsors) their 1958 Standard Triumph Colour Schemes showroom folder. Having checked my BRG swatch the date on the rear is 10/58 however there is no paint code or mixing data available.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Andrew

Hi Paul,

Probably more confusion if I tell you that my Valentine paints swatch from 50's/60's (which includes conifer, wedgewood and winchester blue etc) only includes 'standard racing green' code 178-17571.

For what it's worth the mix is stable green 107 134

yellow oxide 112 184

black 980 200