Harewood Hill Sunday 24 August

Just four of us enjoyed the varying track conditions on Sunday; Ronnie Clayton, John Weedon, Ian Prout and myself.

The first practice run of the day was great fun in the underpowered TR3 but John and Ronnie both complained about the frightening and complete lack of grip. Second run was a little drier but then it rained over lunch.

In drying conditions, the first timed run set the scene for the rest of the day. John fastest, Ronnie 3 seconds behind John, Ian 13 seconds behind Ronnie and me holding them all up at the bottom of the table a second or so behind Ian.

The sad news is that Ronnie declared that was his last event, is hanging up his overalls and will be putting his marvellous machine up for sale. Form an orderly queue outside Harrogate.

regards kev

ps haven't heard anything from Shelsey or Prescott - when will they confirm the entry list?

Hi Kevin,

thanks for making the effort to post news on Harewood, much appreciated.

If Ronnie really is hanging up his overalls, that'll be quite some loss to TR sprinting and hillclimbing - he's been a stalwart and greatly respected competitor for many, many years. And a very successful one !

Cheers,

Alec

Guest Wayne S

Thanks for the update, good to hear news from Harewood rather than just the southern events.

Sad news about Ronnie I have watched him throw that TR around Harewood for many years. Im usually to be found at Harewood for the round in May and used to go on the bus when I was at Leeds Uni, many happy times spent drinking on the bank watching the TRs race.

It is indeed sad that Ronnie has decided to hang up his racing boots but I suppose it comes to us all one day. I for one will miss Ronnie's sardonic Yorkshire humour.

However Ronnie has asked me to air the fact that his ultra rapid TR4A is now for sale. This is a live axle 4A and is the business. I couldn't possibly list all the mods even if I knew them but it is an all steel 89mm engine on 45DCOE Webers, Stag overdrive gearbox, Salisbury LSD and last year had a brand new lightweight chassis. The car has lightweight fibreglass exterior panels and a full cage the specification is endless. You will not find a better or more immaculate racer.

Should anyone be interested send me an email or phone 07900 881814 and I will put you in touch.

Regards

John

It is indeed sad that Ronnie has decided to hang up his racing boots but I suppose it comes to us all one day. I for one will miss Ronnie's sardonic Yorkshire humour.

However Ronnie has asked me to air the fact that his ultra rapid TR4A is now for sale. This is a live axle 4A and is the business. I couldn't possibly list all the mods even if I knew them but it is an all steel 89mm engine on 45DCOE Webers, Stag overdrive gearbox, Salisbury LSD and last year had a brand new lightweight chassis. The car has lightweight fibreglass exterior panels and a full cage the specification is endless. You will not find a better or more immaculate racer.

Should anyone be interested send me an email or phone 07900 881814 and I will put you in touch.

Regards

John

I'll be out Next year, I prefer live axle 4's;). Mine is a tad more extreme!

John,

You doing Combe - might be doing it in the 6;)

I'll be out Next year, I prefer live axle 4's;). Mine is a tad more extreme!

John,

You doing Combe - might be doing it in the 6;)

I shall be at Combe I had better watch out!!

Regards

John

What class you in?

I will be taking it semi easy if I get it there (it will be fresh from a full front end rebuild! Post a large impact!

Jon we would be in the same class 3A/B ho ho!

Regards

John

OK - be gentle with me;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=67...41557&hl=en here's another (last race before I stuffed it with new exhaust) - tun it UP LOUD!!

Jon

There is one thing with Combe that you may not be aware of they enforce the 105db noise limit rigidly - 106 and you do not play!!

Regards

John

Jon

There is one thing with Combe that you may not be aware of they enforce the 105db noise limit rigidly - 106 and you do not play!!

Regards

John

Indeed - they are the worst there - with all the Cocks that moved to the Village in the last 10 years.

Not failed a noise test with the 6 - even with the bonkers exhaust. As long as they do it at 4- 4.5krevs.

Indeed - they are the worst there - with all the Cocks that moved to the Village in the last 10 years.

Not failed a noise test with the 6 - even with the bonkers exhaust. As long as they do it at 4- 4.5krevs.

As long as you "remember" that your red line is 6000rpm as they test it to road rallying standard i.e. three quarters of max revs.

Regards

John

As long as you "remember" that your red line is 6000rpm as they test it to road rallying standard i.e. three quarters of max revs.

Regards

John

Our 6 has never been over 6k revs ;)

BTW - it is prooving to be a Massive job fixing it all - should be there but a chance I won't. And the 4 is not quite ready either (fixing the 6 is holding it up).

Edited by jellison