Worst ever TR?

Well, certainly different - but with a V8 - yes please :blink:

Ivor

The world isn't exactly short of TRs, the man obviously loved his enough to put one heck of a lot of effort and/or money into customising it, and it's not like everyone else's.

At least it might have been driven, and it's a damn sight less of a TR travesty than the toothbrush merchant Pebble Beach wannabes . . .

OK, so some of us don't like it, and it's not my taste either, but give the owner a break - nobody's asking you to buy it, but doubtless someone will and they'll love it to bits.

Cheers,

Alec

I don't think that can now be called a TR. Guess it must have been really bad and somebody decided to create rather than restore.

I don't know how having the bonnet bulge in the middle accomodated that V8 carb set up.....

Might be a hoot ( or a nightmare ). WOuld have created a stir at Malvern - in the modified section??

Reminds me of a mini version of the car driven by Frank Cannon (a Quinn/Martin production). :D

Mind you, if its clean, it could be reverse engineered to standard (but keep the V8) and $4.5k is cheap for a good starting point.

Reverse engineer to standard ? What the hell for ? It's a one-off, it's different, leave it alone.

Mind you, it takes all sorts. A few years ago at Malvern some gormless prannock suggested that 'Rivet' ought to be barred from the arena as an 'abortion'. Said chap didn't take kindly to my suggestion that his mother ought to have given more thought to a similar option. A field full of boggo TRs would get pretty boring. It'd certainly reduce the topics for discussion.

Cheers,

Alec

That tiny rear window would put me off, during the brief period mine was on the road I found I relied on the inside rv mirror as the door ones were useless, and I never got to be a fighter pilot.

I guess the V8 and the auto transmission means he never has to look behind anyway.

Hi Alec,

You have "stuck up" for this car twice within this thread.....I suspect you may secretly like it :lol:

Is the Peerless going to look like this??? :P

• 3 weeks later...
Reverse engineer to standard ? What the hell for ? It's a one-off, it's different, leave it alone.

Mind you, it takes all sorts. A few years ago at Malvern some gormless prannock suggested that 'Rivet' ought to be barred from the arena as an 'abortion'. Said chap didn't take kindly to my suggestion that his mother ought to have given more thought to a similar option. A field full of boggo TRs would get pretty boring. It'd certainly reduce the topics for discussion.

Cheers,

Alec

I have only just come across this post, sadly the pics are no longer available ----- it may have been my long lost sister -------

Thanks for sticking up for me Alec, I will not forget!

All the Best, "Rivet".