I thought in two years of ownership I had found all the examples of the previous owner's rather unique approach to re-assembly, however it seems not. The odd thing is that, to my mind, it didn't seem particularly down on power. Haven't had it back on the road yet so we'll see.

Andy

Edited by 67_gt6
I thought in two years of ownership I had found all the examples of the previous owner's rather unique approach to re-assembly, however it seems not. The odd thing is that, to my mind, it didn't seem particularly down on power. Haven't had it back on the road yet so we'll see.

Andy

Impressive, perhaps its a retro fit seal, to stop pollutants entering the atmosphere. Was the previous owner a tree hugger?

I'm sure you will notice an increase in power and presumably a sigh of relief from the engine!

Cheers

Dazzer

That is a classic mistake and seen quite often as the gasket will fit both ways!

Stuart.

Remember to advise your insurance company that you have modified the car and released more power........

Guess that is the opposite of an extractor set up.

Mal

Andy

I found exactly the same problem when I changed the exhaust system on my TR6 many years ago. Fixing it made a huge difference, I think you will be surprised.

Stan