Hi, sorry if this has been asked many times before.

I have been offered a rather poorly TR6 at sensible money and wondered if there was a road race championship for standard non-tuned TR6 cars? As i dont think it cost effective to put it back into full MOT`d road trim,

Thanks for any help, Ian.

Hi Ian,

As a generalisation, most competition series (whatever variety of motorsport) for standard cars will require them to be in full MoT'd road trim . . .

Racing implies levels of load and stress that a road car would never experience, and needless to say they need to be race-prepared to withstand a circuit environment . . .

Cheers,

Alec

Thoroughly agree with Alec,

BUT,

If the poorlyness is largely trim, then that large expence could be avoided.

You WILL need the expence of all the safety kit that the racing requires, apart from a thoroughly rebuilt car:

Rollover bar, at least; I'd advocate a cage.

Fire extinguisher.

Safety belts, properly mounted. Six point will be mandatory soon, IMHO.

AND your personal kit, shoes, undies, race suit, helmet, gloves.

Why not come along to a race meeting and talk to the Triumph drivers?

There's one at Anglesey this weekend! Eight Triumphs in the Swinging 60s on Sunday!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

Don't forget the Sprint & Hillclimb option, we have a good turnout of 13 planned at Longleat on 5th July and then 12 at Gurston Down on 20th July...as John says there is nothing better than looking at the competition cars and talking to the drivers

Cheers

Rob

Rob - You're surely not using my little Sapphire Blue Car - the Star of Stephen Fry's Kingdom Programme?

:(

Oooh name dropper! ;):lol:

Stuart.

Hi Mark...how the devil are you?

I did think about it but elected to acquire a purpose built racer to do the job properly!

I will e-mail you over some pictures.

I have been thinking long and hard about WKG and am really torn between keeping it because it is just a great car and having to let it go because of all the hassle around where to keep it and not having enough hours in the day to use it because I'm always off sprinting and hillclimbing somewhere...watch this space!

Cheers

Rob