Red lorries Yellow lorries

Yellow would look great....but attracts the flying insects when parked!

have you considered Silver....fairly rare nowadays....... :blink:

john

Not sure where on the forum you saw these, but maybe they're Konig Rewinds. These appear with regularity on ebay and sell for ~ 300 quid the set. I would hope one gets more than he pays for, as the fare seems cheap to me <_<

I happen to have Panasports on both of my cars; one set is pre-1990 and the other is the next generation ( also superceded now ). The older ones have more pronounced spokes. You can of course repaint these any way you like; I had mine done ( spokes only ) to match the '250 stripe colour, a warm red-friendly silver tone with lots of bling. Two-eared spinners were used to complete the effect :rolleyes:

I had a set exactly as described made by a firm call KN Alloys a couple of years ago, not sure of contacts-but Googles good at that sort of thing! I recall paying £52 per wheel, which was very decent I think.

Very nicely made with no issues that I can recall, I still have a new unused one, but as it was for one of the lesser sports cars of the era, it's no use to anyone here!

Rob.

Hi Tom,

You need zero offset on the TR6! Have you heard any experiences concerning the Konig Rewinds? Quality issues?

Ken

Nope - never was curious myself. Models for TRs used to be found by searching ebay for TRs, but not today. I know someone who bought these but he's since sold his TR6 ( and he is indeed very cost conscious ).

Here's a set of 15 x 7s for ........... 200£ :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/15-x7-4-New...sspagenameZWD1V

Cheap enough? :P

Tom,

the price is very attractive indeed. But they claim that they won't ship out of US with the exception of Canada.

One would need to ship to an address in the US (for 100,-$) and from there on to Europe with surface shipment, (to keep the costs under control).

Cheers, Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

This seemed to be the most appropriate post to ask a question about colours so here goes.

Does anyone know what the modern equivalent colour is to the TR6 damson so that I can get some touch up paint. ?

Also thanks to prior posters on this forum relating to TR6 CP25835 which has now been traced and is WYA 652G and undergoing an off body restoration.

Rich.

dykins,

Thanks for your help so far , but it seems Moss do not, well a look on website through everything returned form search "paint" showed up nothing relevant and a search on "damson" reveiled nothing at all. Thanks anyway - will keep looking.

R

Hi Tony,

Interesting, i actually like yellow on a six, good choice.

Jcb yellow would be a no no . :blink:

Look forward to seeing your motor freshly painted at Malvern 2009.

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Guy, I only saw the top photo with the blues, just seen the other one, the old Ferrari scarlet is better to my mind than the Signal/Pimento reds, and JCB/Citroen yellows than the rather anaemic pastel shades used by BL (Inca Yellow is not too bad).

Hi Guy

Must confess I had thought of having the car in yellow with a BRG coloured hardtop with two wide BRG stripes going up the body turing to yellow over the BRG top and back to Green over the boot!

Decided to stick with plain yellow though. It will be Mazda Sunburst yellow. The only other option I might consider is the Fiat yellow seen on Punto's and Barchettas back in '02.

It is likely there will be a lot for originality fans to shout about as the car will probably be "tastefully" different in "subtle" ways, depending on one's "point of view" of course! :lol:

One thing is certain, It won't have fly screens!

Cheers

Tony

Bit late on this one, but Royal Blue!

I love that way it looks on my car, and so does everyone else it seems - having it back on the road finally, I get nothing but friendly and complementary reactions from people - men and women alike. I'd forgotten how much interest it creates! Maybe just because it's an unusual car, but i think it's the colour ;)

Dave