Does any one on the forum own or have you seen one of these rare options? I thought it would be great to have one or to reproduce one and use it to store spares. If you have any details regarding these items, dimensions, materials, etc, I would be greatful if you could share any information.

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Frank

I am afraid I cannot help other than I am sure these are not mythical! I have seen a photo or two... possibly in 'Original TR' (Bill Piggot). I am not at home to check through the book at the mo, though I am sure there will be others that will expand on this!

Brgds

Hi Frank,

If you have a look on this forum "At the Bar"... "I grew up "metric"... page 1, my post on Feb 13, 2008, there is a photo partially showing a repro fitted luggage box a mate has in his TR2 SP replica. You can just see the fixings for the grab handle at one end, and obviously there is one at the other end. It is made to the exact dimensions of the original accessory item for TR2's.

I will be away for a fortnight, but if someone hasn't come up with a spec by then, and you still want the details, I can get them for you when I get back.

Cheers,

Viv.

Frank, Page 49 of Bill Piggott's Original Triumph TR book (covering 2-6) shows a picture of the boot shaped suitcase, which virtually fills the entire boot.. It has brass bound corners and 3 white bakalite handles. Apparently the case came in several colours to match the trim. The part number was 800608.

Apparently there is a TR2 owner in the next County to me who is the second owner of a car carrying this type of luggage but unfortunately I have never seen the car, owner, nor suitcase.

Regards

Trevor.

Does any one on the forum own or have you seen one of these rare options? I thought it would be great to have one or to reproduce one and use it to store spares. If you have any details regarding these items, dimensions, materials, etc, I would be greatful if you could share any information.

Cheers,

Frank

Hi Frank

It is possible I can get photos of such a thing!

I have never personally seen or handled one, but I did come across an extraordinary person in the USA who told me he had one. I say extraordinary, because he had early TR items which bordered on the mythical - suitcase, early spindly jack, original spats, aluminium panels etc. Stuff you just don't come across.

I was in correspondence with him as at the time I had part of a TR2 Grand Touring Kit (door handles) which he eventually bought from me.

He was a pretty illusive guy but I could try.

Thanks Simon

hi frank,

i've got one. they are quite rare, but they do seem to pop up occasionally. a friend saw mine advertised in the local paper and bought it on spec, assuming i'd want it. if i remember rightly it cost me £5, but it was 30 years ago.

to be honest i've never used it for its intended purpose. it does pretty much fill the boot, and it's really awkward to carry. its a faded blackberry colour, and i've seen others in tan, black etc. i'll post a picture later if anyone's interested.

did anything ever come of the aeroscreen project frank?

cheers,

alan