Heritage grand touring car chalenge

• 3 weeks later...
2007_04210007.jpg

been competing in the championship this year! Check out the heritage web site for more info

Ha NICE 6 Tom. What kind of spec is it??

Would love to do the Heritage but budget only enough for the Thoroughbreds (see the other forum). Roy McCarthy and Russell McC are front runner in that too.

If you get a chance why not do a few.

PM me if you what more details.#

Have checked the Heritage site - great series - wish I could do it but you know how it is......

scan0005.jpg

Oult_02.jpg

Presentation122.jpg

Presentation1.jpg

Slide1-1.jpg

Backinonepiece.jpg

Cheers

Jon

Edited by jellison

Had a better look at the Heritage site - some mega pics.

See you are usually racing with the Cambridge MS TR4, Connerleys?

Way to expensive for me.

You would probably be nearer the front in the shorter races we have (non of the 400 - 500bhp Monster in our series) - wish I could do both - now were did I pu that lotto ticket!!!

Way to expensive for me ........ now were did I pu that lotto ticket!!!

Bejasus! How expensive is it?

That the series' website, http://www.heritagegtcc.co.uk/TheSeries/ has nothing at all about registration or race fees makes me think that if I have to ask, I can't afford it.

Nice pics though!

John

Its not cheap thats for sure but you do get very very good hospitality plus other championships heritage support includes the btcc, formula 3, etcc, british gt championship etc. Series is always over subscribed so that must tell you something!!! Jellison, the tr4 raced at brands hatch if i remember correctly and that was its only outing in the series.

Its not cheap thats for sure but you do get very very good hospitality plus other championships heritage support includes the btcc, formula 3, etcc, british gt championship etc. Series is always over subscribed so that must tell you something!!! Jellison, the tr4 raced at brands hatch if i remember correctly and that was its only outing in the series.
If I remember right the entries are around or over the 400 quid mark! Ouch. Great if you can afford it. Bit! much for me.

The 4 has run in the Thoroghbreds for many years (never the world most reilable car, but then no other 4 will get near it). Never raced it in the Heritage. Or the TR6.

Good luck with 08. If you fancy a run in the Thoroughbreds contact Colin Jones via out website.

Do you have any videos of the races (links?) - see you can get a DVD of the races.

All the Best

Jon

• 2 weeks later...
get the ones that Jack Drews made!

I am happy to go back to the iron originals! I was fuming when it happened - spitting blood. Heard they this had happend to another person the following week ( a chap in Aus - same Revington hubs!).

Ones on the 4 not from Revington - totally different design and perfect ever since on (think via Cambridge).

Jack Drews ??

Cool. Will bookmark.

Videos good but what was all that waving at the camera stuff! Should have been trying harder not waving at the camera!

Got the 6 back today from place doing all the latest mods hohoho - gets tricker all the time, some really cool stuff just added;), bring on 08.

Edited by jellison

The waving is to make notice to the rear drivers that there is trouble on the track.....yellow flag and so on.

The Americans are polite drivers.

I do sometimes the the same to show the rear ones that there is trouble ahead.

I am happy to go back to the iron originals! I was fuming when it happened - spitting blood. Heard they this had happend to another person the following week ( a chap in Aus - same Revington hubs!).

Ones on the 4 not from Revington - totally different design and perfect ever since on (think via Cambridge).

Jack Drews ??

I read your post Jon with some concern since I have Revington's hubs also. Whilst the stresses are far greater circuit racing than hillclimbing could you tell me what failed and under what circumstances?

I know you have mega brakes did that have any bearing - have Revington's accepted responsibility?

Regards

John

John - best PM me. Best not slag them anymore - But I was hitting about 120 on the short Silverstone Indy back straight in pratice and the race - should not have done the raced!

Marx - very Polite! Wasting time, back markers KNOW when you are coming, in my experience.

Edited by jellison
Marx - very Polite! Wasting time, back markers KNOW when you are coming, in my experience.

Better wasting time than to have cold forming contact with a driver from behind who didn't notice that there is reason to slow down.....(corner workers on the track)

Edited by MadMarx