TRDC's National Weekend

Hi fellow sidecreeners

Well, in all, five of us in 3As attended the TRDC's National at Chelmsford over the weekend (four cars Saturday and three cars Sunday) and we were all made very welcome, so thanks TRDC!

Despite the pouring rain (outside and inside the 3As!!), we put on a display to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the TR3A and we also held a good account of ourselves during the quiz night too; we called ourselves the ‘Register Reprobates’. Well ok, James Inder, his fiancée (Marie) and I came fourth out of six teams!

Anyway, during the two hour sunny period on Saturday afternoon probably the best photo of Unc (Peter Lesley) was ever taken, and I mean ever!

Pictured (L - R) James Inder (UYM 990), Iain Fisher (VDU 565), me (TRK 639) and Unc (HSJ 909) – not pictured is Harry Hales (YSY 810) who joined us Sunday morning.

However, the highlight for me was Unc spotting a Brooklands Road Test Report book for the TR2 - 3 which TR7Jim was selling with TRK on the front cover, what a find! Fred Johnson, the previous owner and long time friend, told me last night that the photo was taken between 1978 - 1982 and he knew TRK was on the cover of "a TR book somewhere' but had never seen it - the cover is now his screen saver!

Thanks again TRDC, maybe we’ll see you next year with a few more sidescreens!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Andrew,

Glad that it all came together and that you had a good time. Sorry I couldn't make it: I'm afraid that my steering box is still in more pieces than I imagined possible and the MOT "to do" list is as long as ever.

The book with TRK on the cover is a fantastic find.

Dave

Is it compulsory for TR3 owners to stand with their hands on their hips? :P:P

Regards

Peter

Its a by product of being able to hang your elbow out over the door tops on sidescreen cars!!

Stuart.

Its a by product of being able to hang your elbow out over the door tops on sidescreen cars!!

Stuart.

Yep, Stuart is spot on Peter - sidescreen cars are considerably narrower than the later Michelotti or Karmann cars! :huh:

Dave, good luck with your MOT - maybe catch up next year at Malvern, the TRDC National or maybe the Le Mans Classic?

Yes, the book is a real find and I'm chuffed to nuts with it, particularly for £5!

Chris, thanks - I still reckon the quiz was a fix though!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Andrew,

Been trying to sell the book for years, it a bit like selling a selling a pink TR7, just have to wait for the correct person to look. I am glad you all enjoyed the weekend and I for one enjoyed you all getting a trophy especially James Inder surprise when he won a trophy.

Jim Johnson

Edited by tr7jim