Hi folks

My turn to seek advice from the right source .....

Im about to buid up the chassis for my TR3a 2SMC and im considering how I might be able to get the best 'TR' front suspension possible on the car, given my experience with BST82B.

Ive got a host of bits, but right now Im on a course where I plan to fit TR4 lower wishbones and spring pan, bump stops, late TR4 vertical link and trunnion and late TR4 top wishbones plus an adjustable top fulcrum kit .... polybushes etc. etc. koni's and a rally spring ....either side, plus a fat Revington anti roll bar.

Anybody got any advice on pitfalls / madness of this or does it all sound about right ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards

Tony

Tony that sounds pretty much like the best idea to me as well. The Revington adjustable top fulcrum does take a bit of setting up though and when you are happy with it it has to be welded on. Depending on the class that it will be raced or rallied in you may not be able to fit R&P, although I believe that the car that Revingtons have for sale has that fitted and apparently it has been approved.

Stuart.

Hi folks

My turn to seek advice from the right source .....

Im about to buid up the chassis for my TR3a 2SMC and im considering how I might be able to get the best 'TR' front suspension possible on the car, given my experience with BST82B.

Ive got a host of bits, but right now Im on a course where I plan to fit TR4 lower wishbones and spring pan, bump stops, late TR4 vertical link and trunnion and late TR4 top wishbones plus an adjustable top fulcrum kit .... polybushes etc. etc. koni's and a rally spring ....either side, plus a fat Revington anti roll bar.

Anybody got any advice on pitfalls / madness of this or does it all sound about right ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony,

If the vertical links have been previously used, I suggest you get them crack tested along with the stub axle. Cracks are found at the top of the link where it turns to the eye, and at the top of the thread that goes into the trunnion. Axles can break where they enter the vertical link. We have even found a batch of brand new vertical links cracked due to sub-standard manufacture in our TR Register Australia spares stash. Failure of the vertical link or axle is fairly dramatic, as the chassis drops down onto the road, and the front brake line gets torn out by the departing wheel.

Best regards,

Viv.