Longest Drive/ annual mileage

Just posted on the board regarding doing 300 miles a day (3 Vs 4/4a)

Got me wondering how hard we use our cars?

Are we pub posers or daily drivers ? <_<

It get us rolling, I'm currently doing around 5-6k a year..........so not quite a daily driver but she is out every weekend, midweek sometimes.

Yours? :unsure:

I'm much like you Mike. My TR3A is not a daily driver but I drive it often. My longest trip was from Montreal to Portland Oregon and back in 2000. VTR were holding their Annual Meet there. I drove a total of 7225 miles (convoyed most of the trip with another TR3A) and took second in my concours class. The judges picked a nice car from their local club ahead of me. He drove 35 miles.

My second longest trip was from Montreal to the Rockies in 2001 when VTR held the meet in Breconridge, Colorado, near Aspen and Vail. I drove over the Estes pass at 12,095 ft. altitude and my campsite was at about 11,000 ft. That trip was a total of only 5225 miles, but I drove it alone without a mobile or a CB. I took 2nd again ahead of a nice red TR3A that had just finished its restoration and was trailered 200 miles there.

Since 1990 when I completed my restoration, I have driven more than 94,000 miles.

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcforum/pho....php/photo/1919

Don Elliott, Original Owner

TR Register member since 1987

My TR2 is my everyday driver. Getting to work and back puts 300 miles on the clock each week, plus miles added for club runs etc. Total mileage added over the last 5 years is 41,000. She is looking a bit jaded now as she is never garaged and used whatever the weather, summer and winter. Restoration planned for the end of this year, but only if I can build a garage by then! No really long trips but add a couple of thousand miles during my annual holiday fortnight to SW Ireland.

Thanks Don

Taken September 2005 on the Beara peninsula, County Kerry, Ireland. Typical of the area, open winding roads, beautiful scenery, and very friendly and welcoming people.

Les

• 3 weeks later...
I'm much like you Mike. My TR3A is not a daily driver but I drive it often. My longest trip was from Montreal to Portland Oregon and back in 2000. VTR were holding their Annual Meet there. I drove a total of 7225 miles (convoyed most of the trip with another TR3A) and took second in my concours class. The judges picked a nice car from their local club ahead of me. He drove 35 miles.

My second longest trip was from Montreal to the Rockies in 2001 when VTR held the meet in Breconridge, Colorado, near Aspen and Vail. I drove over the Estes pass at 12,095 ft. altitude and my campsite was at about 11,000 ft. That trip was a total of only 5225 miles, but I drove it alone without a mobile or a CB. I took 2nd again ahead of a nice red TR3A that had just finished its restoration and was trailered 200 miles there.

Since 1990 when I completed my restoration, I have driven more than 94,000 miles.

Hello Don

I am amazed at the mileage you travelled, gives me hope for my unfinished TR3A which I hope will be worth a look at, but WILL be driven everywhere, coming second to these type of

owners must be hard but these Dingo's Dongas are all over the place these days, they dont deserve to own a TR, but dont let the b------- get you down, we know who the real winner is my freind.

regards

Peter.

Hello Don

I have just sent you a message about your travel mileage, and after I finished clicked onto your link, I am painting my car Black and have bought a dark red interor kit, I also

noted that you have owned your motor since new, WOW! I wonder if you might find time to send me some photographs of your car to assist me in my rebuild I would be grateful for any interior

and exterior photo's.

My E Mail is peter.fenlon@manitowoc.com

best regards

Peter Fenlon 1961 TR3A bought from california in 2004 hoping for a drive this winter god willing.