Hi,

I am thinking of purchasing a set of sun visors for my 3a. I understand they were available as an extra at the time.

However the type now stocked by Revington and Moss seem to be fixed to the top edge of the windscreen by two clamps.

Looking at my screen, it seems the rubber surround would prevent this type of fixing from working.

I wonder, has anyone successfully fitted any of these visors, or know of a more suitable type available? Or do I have to resort to a peaked cap?

Thanks

Steve

I have had the Moss visors fitted for 10 years and they are fine. Just a couple of cuts in the rubber is all that is needed. However, do not over-tighten the screws as the clamp material is not strong. I broke one when I fitted mine but Moss were kind enough to send me a couple of spares free of charge.

Hi Steve ~

Forget the peaked cap! Why not fit a vinyl self adhesive coloured strip to the top of the windscreen?

Tom.

Club Triumph do a nice one.

One advantage of the visors is that generally they are generally in the up position and have a significant effect on draft reduction - probably similar to the type some side-screen car owners fit to the stanchions. I don't use that type as my co-driver/nagivator (sic) needs the side-screens on at all times for health reasons.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I emailed Moss with my inquiry. They tell me that the best way to fix their visors is to drill the frame.

I remember seeing a picture in TRACTION recently of a period brochure advertising accessories for TR2's included were sun visors and side wind deflectors. Seems they are now not in production.

The type now sold by Moss, Revington and the like are of a universal fitting, supposedly suitable for all early 'visor-less' cars, requiring some work to fit satisfactory.

Needs further consideration before I purchase.

Steve

I remember seeing a picture in TRACTION recently of a period brochure advertising

accessories for TR2's included were sun visors and side wind deflectors.

Seems they are now not in production.

Steve

I don't recall seeing that and I have never seen factory

sun visors or wind deflectors for a TR2 or TR3.

Maybe they were a US dealer option?

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100