Wiper Motor

No, it is easy, but a bit fiddly. I have just done this myself to swap from LHD parking to RHD.

The workshop manual says disconnect the wiring plug first and then remove the four cover screws from the casing. What it doesn't say is that there is b*gger all space to remove the two rearmost screws and the wiring plug is tucked underneath the motor.

To provide a bit more wiggle room, I removed the two motor mounting bolts and just managed to remove the four screws.

Its a simple job then to remove the crank arm circlip and washers and remove the arm. The whole assembly is then easily removed.

Refitting is the reverse, small hands are a benefit!

Regards

Ian

Can I jump in here and ask how to swap from left hand to right hand parking as I've got this issue unresolved, thanks.

If I remember right, there is a plastic "hump" underneath the big cogwheel that can be moved 180 deg and thus actuates the switch so the wipers stop in opposite direction (You'll need new wiper arms, or bend the existing ones). Did this make sense?

http://ijonsson.se/westfield/photo_diary.php?day=kaross2&folder=kaross2&id=116-PICT1538

This picture is from the Westfield I built, and if you look at the black wheel there is a white piece of plastic that can be moved 180 deg.

If I remember right, there is a plastic "hump" underneath the big cogwheel that can be moved 180 deg and thus actuates the switch so the wipers stop in opposite direction (You'll need new wiper arms, or bend the existing ones). Did this make sense?

http://ijonsson.se/westfield/photo_diary.php?day=kaross2&folder=kaross2&id=116-PICT1538

This picture is from the Westfield I built, and if you look at the black wheel there is a white piece of plastic that can be moved 180 deg.

Hi Robin

yes Inge is correct, the gear wheel has a ramp on the underside that actuates the motor switch. This can be rotated 180 degrees by supporting the gear wheel appropriately (I used the jaws of my vice opened to the correct width) and tapping the shaft with a hammer to drive the shaft away from the two plastic locating segments that interface with the metal base. Once released, simply turn as required, there are only two possible positions, and from memory if the ramp is adjacent to the crank pin that is left hand drive so it needs to be furthest away. Once in the right orientation it snaps back together with light pressure and away you go.

I bought a new pair of chrome RHD wiper arms from Tex, but never fitted them as I found some correct black versions for my model. Let me know if you need a new pair of chrome rhd wiper arms

Cheers

Ian

Thanks guys, will take a look see and try and change. I'll update you, many thanks.