Windscreen retire

Hi,

Putting the windscreen back together.

I have black vinyl but notice that Rimmers sell a moulded set.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RR1229M

What is the best way to go?

Any tips on putting this back together in terms of order etc appreciated.

Best wishes.

Paul.

Moulded is the better looking though not cheap. Fit the trim using a quality glue and then fit the rubber to the glass, fit the assembly to the car using a thin strong waxed cord from front side in, a bit of KY jelly is an excellent water soluble lube.Go round after with a non setting windscreen sealer and clean up with a good quality spirit wipe. Fit the trim finisher after leaving it in a bucket of hot water for a while first, dont cut it to length for a few days to let it shrink then trim it so the ends are flush to itself and fit the finisher. Finisher goes bottom centre.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks, moulded it is.

Thanks for the advice on this Stuart.....

Best.

Paul.

I used the Rimmer mounded trim , fitted well , would recommend . Make sure you mark or take a note of where your interior mirror will be re screwed in through top trim . You don't want to be feeling around for the holes afterwards too risky with nice fresh trim. Make sure the frame surface is well prepared and clean even a small speck of old adhesive or any foreign body can show up as an annoying pimple through this type of trim when it is tightly in place. All obvious ? Wasn't to me first time round!!!....