Hi all, conundrum here - in an old but almost perfect paint restoration ( formerly Neil Revingtons Police TR4 ) I have a 20 cm vertical /crack defect close to door hinge; I thought it was a fine crack in a skim of filler. Bodywork guy in a very high end Bentley restoration shop near me thought it was more likely due to a door strap malfunction some time in the past. His advice on wisdom of repair was negative due to difficulty in matching  almost 20 year old white paint. "If you can live with it leave it" and I must confess it isn't very obvious but stares me in the face when cleaning old Dixon.

So any experiences welcomed and anyway Spa White paint seems to have disappeared from the market as I couldn't find a touch up for an odd stone chip

John Mellor

I read years back that Mercedes Classic white should be very similar in nuance to the Spa White.... perhaps that can help.

/Niels Peter

A good body shop should be able to match anything I would have thought. Local to me is a guy who paints some of Nick Masons cars so he is good. When I have used him he has matched perfectly Porsche 911, VW R32, TR4 & TR4A.

20 hours ago, John Mellor said:

Hi all, conundrum here - in an old but almost perfect paint restoration ( formerly Neil Revingtons Police TR4 ) I have a 20 cm vertical /crack defect close to door hinge; I thought it was a fine crack in a skim of filler. Bodywork guy in a very high end Bentley restoration shop near me thought it was more likely due to a door strap malfunction some time in the past. His advice on wisdom of repair was negative due to difficulty in matching  almost 20 year old white paint. "If you can live with it leave it" and I must confess it isn't very obvious but stares me in the face when cleaning old Dixon.

So any experiences welcomed and anyway Spa White paint seems to have disappeared from the market as I couldn't find a touch up for an odd stone chip

John Mellor

A good bodyshop should have spectrograph analyser that would be able to match the colour regardless of fade etc.

Stuart.