Hello, amongst the pile of spares that came with my 3a is what I assume is am early TR2 frame. It is aluminium with baby tenax posts, The posts screw right through the frame with a shouldered head and small nut on the outside of the frame so the peg is part of the screw. 

Is this aa unusual item? I wasn't aware that ali frames were available. It is in poor condition bent etc. but free to any member who could make use of it if wanting early authentisity.

Best wishes. Robert.

I think it is a rather rare 3A frame. They have a specific tenax fastner. I had one on my 3A fifty years ago but swapped it for a chrome one for an unremembered reason.

I believe the tenax fastener is no longer available

james

29 minutes ago, james christie said:

I think it is a rather rare 3A frame. They have a specific tenax fastner. I had one on my 3A fifty years ago but swapped it for a chrome one for an unremembered reason.

I believe the tenax fastener is no longer available

james

Correct on the pedigree James.

The Roadster Factory remade that peg that screws through fron the inside of the car.   The whole arrangement I think is a more sturdy way of doing two tasks.  Clamping the screen in the frame by squeezing the frame together and stopping the peg being pulled out by the soft top.

They arent that rare, Ive had a few over the years and passed them on as they are a bit flimsy though as Pete says the bolt through fasteners do hold it together better, what is rare is ally stanchions to go with an ally frame.

Stuart.