TR7 Engine Installation

Good Morning All,

Does anyone have any experience or tips for installing the engine back into a TR7, ie engine and gearbox together from the top, engine in from the top and then fit the gearbox from underneath, engine and gearbox together from underneath (obviously requires removal of the front subframe etc.).

Thanks for any info.

Cliff

P1010691.JPG

Good Morning All,

Further to my post yesterday I took the bull by the horns and decided to go for dropping in the engine and gearbox together from the top. Certainly a close run thing and successful. One thing learned was not to fit the nearside engine mount to the subframe prior to installation of the engine.

Cliff

P1010693.JPG

Well done cliff

sorry you didn’t get the advice you were seeking.

but now you know and can help,others.

joining the clubs sprint championship with this car by any chance ?

Hi Hamish,

I have entered the Championship, hopefully my first rounds shall be in the 7 at the double header at Doune in May. Unfortunately the number of TR Register Hillclimbers competing at Doune would appear to be well down on those who competed last year, hopefully there shall be a last minute rush of TR entries. I may even have to double enter my 3 with the 7 to keep the numbers up.

Cheers,

Cliff

Get that engine run in and enjoy.