TR6 Pi - Tick over issues

Good Afternoon,

I have a 1972 Tr6 Pi which had been fully restored before I bought it some years ago. I do not use it regularly although I do run the engine. Every time I run the engine there seems to be a misfire which is present through out the rev range. I have replaced the plug leads and plugs plus the distributor cap. I have checked that each plug is sparking as well. None of these checks have improved matters. Does anyone have any similar experiences and can shed light on what I can do in addition to what I have done?

Consider bleeding the injectors and checking there spray patterns might just need a clean and some spirited driving to improve matters.

Running points or electronic ignition? Also could be a failing coil consider changing it out for another one.

Andy

With respect, ChrysW, there is nothing worse for a TR PI engine than infrequent use, while starting and running it more often.    Sooted plugs and clogged injectors are the result, as Andy has indicated.

Spring is here!  Time to get it out on the road!   Next year, bed it down for the winter in a nice, well ventilated garage, with some fuel stabiliser in the tank and run through the engine, tyres over inflated (with a note on them to re-adjust next spring) and fully antifrozen .   Leave it alone until the Spring!

Have a good time!

John

If you get it running, I think it could be an injector sticking or blocked, hold onto each injector line separately you should feel a distinct pulse, if one doesn't that's the one with the problem.  Take off the locking plate holding in the injector, with the engine running pull out the injector, and pull on the end of the injector tip, that should bleed it or unblock a foreign body, you should see a nice cone of fuel per injector stroke, might be handy to pop the injector into a jam jar to stop fuel mist flying about! Keep naked lights away!

John

Very many thanks to everyone.

Everything said points to the injectors. I will take a look at those. Yes does need using. I also have a '62 Mkll Sunbeam Alpine which needs using too.

Lets hope the sun keeps shinning.

Thanks again.