Which Loctite for big ends?
As the title says.

My Loctite bottle is run out and I need to replace it.  I cannot read the spec on the bottle.  

What is the recommendation for securing the big end bolts in TR con rods as I have thrown the lock tabs in the bin.   

My red bottle has run out.   I have never tested this stuff for ease of undoing.

I have a bottle of blue non branded and am nervous    I have trialed it on a nut and bolt and it does hold and creates a resistance to unscrewing once the locking torque is broken.

I have looked at the Loctite web pages and they say blue is easy to undo red for secured fasteners that will need heat to undo.   

There must be a grade of red Loctite that is stronger than blue and able to undo without resort to heat. 

Some one will want to undo these big ends so I am loath to use an adhesive that will need heat to remove the fasteners 

Real world advice please.   

Thanks

Peter W

PS from Uncle Jack’s engine building tips.

Rods

1.     If you are using stock rods, limit your rpm’s to 6000. Throw away the locking plates. Clean all the holes and bolts with lacquer thinner. Apply red Loctite to the  bolts and tighten to factory torque. Research by leading companies has shown that the sheet metal locking plates are the least effective means  of retaining thread fasteners, while Loctite is the most effective.

https://tonydrews.com/uncle_jacks_engine_building_tips.htm

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

I use Loctite 270 for critical applications. You can undo it but you need a big spanner and then clean the threads afterwards. It is also oil and grease tolerant.

Rgds Ian

4 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

I use Loctite 270 for critical applications. You can undo it but you need a big spanner and then clean the threads afterwards. It is also oil and grease tolerant.

Rgds Ian

Thank you Ian and Andy.

Ian =    That was the type/spec of Loctite I was expecting to use too.   Getting to bits was my concern without having to resort to heat and the adhesive being temperature and oil tolerant.

Regarding ‘do it dry’ as Andy has mentioned I think I agree but as i am dispensing with the lock tabs and am using original plain bolts i want to have a sensation of it ‘not falling out’.   I have read the TR250/5/6 spec and that has no mention of thread locking, just that they are stretch type bolts which must be renewed and tightened to a specific torque.   I understand the method and action of stretch bolts having used them to assemble Maxspeeding rods with ARP bolts.  With those I use a bolt stretch gauge to get the specified elongation.