Floor mounted dip switch - which terminal is which?

I'm replacing the dip switch on the midget (early Mk1, 1961). The original is a round unit with spade terminals - item number 31800 I think. I've been unable to source a similar spade connector unit and so will fit, at least temporarily a RTC432A unit. I've had conflicting advice on which terminal is which on the RTC432

9690-Zoom.jpg

I'd assumed the terminal with the rivet is the power in and the other two slightly darker copper colour are the dip and high/main (the one perpendicular to the other two being the dip beam and the one nearest the button, the high beam. However I've seen other advice that the perpendicular one is the power in? Can anyone confirm which is which?

Thanks

Surely a simple test with a continuity meter (or battery & light bulb) will tellyou what you need to know.

Find the two terminals which are never connected, & the other one must be the common (power in)

Bob

Posted (edited)

Good thinking, thanks Bob

Edit - test done and the terminal perpendicular to the other two is the power in. Very strange to my eyes that the terminal that looks different to the other two isn't the power connection, but there you go.

Rod

Edited by Rod1883