New front wing

Guest nigel adshead

Guest nigel adshead

After many months (years?) hard work I have almost finished repairing the body tub using many replacement panels.

I have now repaired one wing, but it was a lot of work requiring several patches and many hours removing all paint and rust.

I don't now what to do about the other wing, It is in worse condition so I have two choices:

Spend many hours repairing

or

Do a few extra days work and purchase a new one

What do you think is the best and if I go for the second option who does the best replacements with the best fit?

<_< There are good original second hand ones around albeit pricey but it will save a lot of time in getting the fit right, the repro ones are ok if you fit a pair but be prepared for several days work and a fair bit of lead filling to get an acceptable fit.In short repair originals although in your case maybe not the one you have . Speak to TR Shop or Moss or TRbitz or TRGB.

Stuart.

After many months (years?) hard work I have almost finished repairing the body tub using many replacement panels.

I have now repaired one wing, but it was a lot of work requiring several patches and many hours removing all paint and rust.

I don't now what to do about the other wing, It is in worse condition so I have two choices:

Spend many hours repairing

or

Do a few extra days work and purchase a new one

What do you think is the best and if I go for the second option who does the best replacements with the best fit?

Nigel,

Contact TR4Tony, he can supply ready to fit 2nd hand wings.

If you buy a new wing it wont fit properly and will stick out like a sore thumb. The problem is the curvature of the section above the swage line and in one wing i tried to fit it was too short!! It took me about 10 hours fiddling about with welding strips and filler to get it to fit. When it was finished it still looked like a repro so i bought a 2nd hand one!