TR6 leyland wing badges dimensions advice

3 hours ago, saffrontr said:

David,

No factory literature found so far on this but attached is the guidance from the 6 Pack over in the US which confirms your dimensions.

Derek

BL badge location 6 pack survey.jpg

Ive seen them in similar positions but not always the same so obviously hand applied ex factory.

Stuart.

Thanks Derek / Stuart

i will use the 2" 5 5/8" dims

at least i will apply the same both sides

when i got my grey car done years ago they applied the badges different on both sides hahaha

David

PS Stuart sorry for waking you up the other night you know i get something in my head hahahaa

My unrestored 1976 US TR6 doesn’t have the Leyland badges and I can’t find any indication they were ever there. Very intriguing   :huh:

The BL House badges were fitted to both front wings  of the TR6 from CC75001 / CP75001 and at CF50001 it was noted in Triumph Newsletter 422 and in a BL service instruction dated 6th September 1975 that "current cars have one house badge only fitted to the left side wing of RHD cars and right hand side wing of LHD cars" so looks like your TR6 has lost its one BL badge David.

Derek.  

On 2/18/2024 at 4:34 PM, saffrontr said:

The BL House badges were fitted to both front wings  of the TR6 from CC75001 / CP75001 and at CF50001 it was noted in Triumph Newsletter 422 and in a BL service instruction dated 6th September 1975 that "current cars have one house badge only fitted to the left side wing of RHD cars and right hand side wing of LHD cars" so looks like your TR6 has lost its one BL badge David.

Derek.  

Hi Derek

i will fit both

i must get the system updated and send you some photos for your filing and possibly the TRaction

david