I had a leak on my Weber carburetor from the brass inlet pipe. On investigation it can out in my hand. I tapped it gently back in and its not leaking anymore running the engine in the garage. It looks like the inlet pipe is molded into the body during construction. I'm wary of driving the car in case the pipe comes adrift again as I feel it likely will. Anyone any advice please? Do you think it likely be ok? Recommend a fix or is the carb now trash?

Thanks Richard 

IMG_20231215_132931_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231215_132938_HDR.jpg

Scimitar owners have the same issue on the DGAS carbs, drill and put a pin in from the side to stop the pipe falling out. Plenty of sealant when you reassemble and you'll be trouble free.....

Your hot exhaust manifold is directly underneath it :o

Edited by jpmf
33 minutes ago, jpmf said:

Scimitar owners have the same issue on the DGAS carbs, drill and put a pin in from the side to stop the pipe falling out. Plenty of sealant when you reassemble and you'll be trouble free.....

Your hot exhaust manifold is directly underneath it :o

Damn, you beat me to it, remember the sealant must be fuel proof!