Just had my starter solenoid fail. With the subject of poor quality parts often arising is the standard item from Moss or Rimmers ok or are there better quality options around? Much of a muchness?

34 minutes ago, monty said:

Just had my starter solenoid fail. With the subject of poor quality parts often arising is the standard item from Moss or Rimmers ok or are there better quality options around? Much of a muchness?

The Moss/TRShop/TRGB all work OK

Having said that they will now have  a world wide failure of them.

Roger

Anybody know if there is a quality difference between the 2 options listed by Rimmers part no: 134174 & part no: 134174Lucas? The latter twice as expensive but better quality?

Has anybody any ideas or suggestions on how on earth do you replace one of these? Mine is attached with 2 screws with the top one accessible but the lower one appears impossible to get a screwdriver on it due to the heating hoses & steering column in the way!

21 hours ago, monty said:

Has anybody any ideas or suggestions on how on earth do you replace one of these? Mine is attached with 2 screws with the top one accessible but the lower one appears impossible to get a screwdriver on it due to the heating hoses & steering column in the way!

Right angled screwdriver!.  Yes you can get them, but I have a 1/4 drive socket set that has an adapter to take hexagon screwdriver bits which comes in very handy for jobs like this.

Ralph