Rear TRIUMPH and INJECTION badge fitting

After running my car for several years I finally thought it was time to install the rear valence badges.

The most right one tang is easy to access, but how can you get access to install the other nylon hat (or spire clip) on the tang?

There is no easy access from inside the booth. I hope I do not have to drill a hole??

I added pictures of the outside and inside of the valence, the location of the 2nd tang is marked on the 2nd picture with a red ink marker.

Thanks,
Waldi

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1612.jpeg

Hi Waldi

If I remember the badge just pushes into nylon plugs push fitted into the two holes in the panel. For added security I used a bit of silicone or dbl sided tape used for number plates. The hole in boot is for a screw which holds the trim panel to cover the rear light wiring.

Andy

Aha!

So if I understand you correctly, you first press-in the plastic top hats from the outside and then install the badges?

Thanks,

Waldi

3 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Aha!

So if I understand you correctly, you first press-in the plastic top hats from the outside and then install the badges?

Thanks,

Waldi

Yes correct….maybe a little Super Glue or similar to stop others helping themselves.

Thanks Niall,
the top hats needed a bit of effort to get pushed in the valence holes first, and I then “stretched” the I.D. of the hats with the rear end of a 3.0 mm drill. After that, the (3.3 mm O.D.) tangs went in with some effort and some mastic sealant for added security.
Cheers,
Waldi

IMG_1616.jpeg

1 minute ago, Waldi said:

Thanks Niall,
the top hats needed a bit of effort to get pushed in the valence holes first, and I then “stretched” the I.D. of the hats with the rear end of a 3.0 mm drill. After that, the (3.3 mm O.D.) tangs went in with some effort and some mastic sealant for added security.
Cheers,
Waldi

IMG_1616.jpeg

That’s it now you have a nice Rear End:lol: