Over this winter I have removed my TR6's offside rear wing, I have brazed in a couple of patches on the B post and the bottom of the wing where it attaches to the door sill. The inner wing and the inside of the outer wing have been cleaned and the old under seal has been removed. I have applied 2 coats of Bondaprimer and 2 coats of stonechip to the inner wing and inside of outer wing and the outside of the wing has been professionally resprayed.

Now it's time to refit the wing, I intend to use a 3M windscreen sealant between the inner and outer wing and the B post but am unsure what to do between the wing and door sill. Is it recomended to use sealant in this area to try to keep water and mud out?

Once everything is back in place I will give the whole car a good dosing of Waxoyl.

Any advice would be much appreciated 

George 

1 hour ago, trchris said:

Hi George 

Make sure the sealant you use stays flexible and there’s no sealant between sill and lower part of the wings 

Chris

Use a thin smear of sealer there to keep the water out else you`ll be back where you started, If the area has been repaired correctly there is room enough.

Stuart.

Thanks gents 

The sealant I will use is 3M 08509, I used it to fit the windows in my campervan and it has remained pliable after 3 years so hopefully it will do the job.

I was surprised by how little paint was on the upper part of the inner wing and also by how clean it was, now with a proper paint job it should see me out.

George 

28 minutes ago, harlequin said:

Thanks gents 

The sealant I will use is 3M 08509, I used it to fit the windows in my campervan and it has remained pliable after 3 years so hopefully it will do the job.

I was surprised by how little paint was on the upper part of the inner wing and also by how clean it was, now with a proper paint job it should see me out.

George 

Thats the sealant I use, works fine and remains pliable for years.The reason for so little paint up there is because the shells were painted already panelled and so it was painted "Line of sight" i.e. what they could see got painted and that was that.

Stuart.

39 minutes ago, stuart said:

Thats the sealant I use, works fine and remains pliable for years.The reason for so little paint up there is because the shells were painted already panelled and so it was painted "Line of sight" i.e. what they could see got painted and that was that.

Stuart.

Although there wasn't much paint there was next to no corrosion which was a pleasant surprise 

George