Hotel suggestions for Angouleme please

Chaps

I am a participating in a classic car tour around France with friends during the second half of May next year. One of the overnight stops will be Angouleme (wrong time of year I know!). Looking for hotel accommodation with secure or reasonably secure parking if possible (one of the cars in particular is rather valuable). Any suggestions from those who have visited the city would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Miles

Edited by MilesA

Chambre d'hote accommodation in secluded locations is often a better option - and far more friendly than an impersonal hotel.  Many offer food as well as B&B - a bonus in my opinion as I like regional dishes.

In Italy, agriturismi are very similar.

Ian Cornish

• MilesA changed the title to Hotel suggestions for Angouleme please

Thanks chaps

With only one night in the city that most of the team have not visited, we wanted to be around the town on this occasion.

Yes James, I am a regular user of Booking.com and Tripadvisor and have a number of 'possibles' lined up from them (although already filling fast!) but was hoping for some personal feedback from readers who I am sure have visited the Circuit des Ramparts.

Miles