TR3a Rear Firewall

I’ve been looking at fitting a fuel proof firewall in front of the fuel tank and behind the rear cockpit trim panel. 
Sealing the base and sides doesnt present a problem but it seems that sealing to the tonneau deck along the top edge is going to present some difficulties due to the clips which locate the trim panel. I’m considering removing the trim clips to seal the firewall to the front of the tonneau deck and modifying the trim and attachments to suit. 
What have others done? Any clever solutions?

IMG_1067.jpeg

A couple of years since I fitted mine and the failings of memory are creeping in, but here goes.

Yes, the bottom and sides are not difficult - I marked everything out using the original panel and then riveted alu angle iron and then fixed the alu sheet to that.

As you anticipate the top bit is fun ! I slotted my alu sheet into the existing clips with the boarding on top. There will be gaps between the alu sheet and the tonneau deck but they can be filled with an expanding sealant

The most fiddly part is above the inner wings which will exercise  your imagination.

It’s worthwhile initially doing an accurate template in cardboard.

But first, check that your fuel tank and gauge doesn’t need any attention as access is zero once you have successfully fitted the firewall!

james