Narrow belt conversion, what do I need?

Howdo. 

My 4A has an alternator and an (older) Kenlowe fan, but retains the wide belt and “snout” on the front of the engine. 

There’s a fair amount of “fluttery breath sounds” coming from the belt, and I’m thinking of removing the both belt and snout and converting to a narrow "V" belt.

I understand I’ll need a water pump to fit the larger diameter nut to hold the pulley on tighter. 

I’m thinking this is a pretty standard conversion. Can anyone point me at a reference for parts I’ll need and process? 

Lest it’s relevant, fluid leaks at the front of the engine suggest it needs to be stripped back to the block face, removing the crank pulley, waterpump and housing, timing chain, sprockets / front engine plate, and reassembled with new gaskets & sealers anyway. 

Cheers for any pointers. 

Andy. 

Moss part no TT132 is a complete narrow belt conversion kit, though it comes with a pulley for the dynamo which will be too big for the alternator as you really need the standard smaller alternator pulley.  If you are already running an alternator with a wide belt I assume you have a big pulley anyway which must have been OK, so you will probably be OK just fitting the narrow pulley that comes with the kit.

Note that the new crank pulley does not have any timing marks, so I would set the engine to align with the TDC mark on the existing pulley before carefully removing the old pulley and sliding the new one in place without turning the engine and you can then put your own TDC mark on the new pulley to align with the pointer on the timing cover using a file or sharp chisel to put a small notch in the new pulley.

Ralph

I converted to narrow belt...Used a 6 cyl TR water pump [mount holes slightly modified], bosch alternator and a Aussie Holden harmonic balancer [with a front crank end spacer, no crank machining involved].