Booking.com scam

This afternoon I have received an email supposedly from Booking .com saying there was a problem with my card and an upcoming hotel booking would be cancelled unless I followed the link.

Not being one to follow links I phoned the hotel who informed me that Booking.com had been hacked. The scam was rather convincing having all the right references and even a personal message on the website.

George 

I had exactly the same problem with a booking via Booking.com for Raddison Blu in Oslo. 

all logos and details looked genuine- it was probably the most convincing scam I’ve seen and almost fell for it

this was just before we were due to fly and wanted me to pay again to confirm card and they would refund.

i contacted Hotel and Booking. Com and was told not to pay as all ok.

During our trip Lloyds bank contacted me (this was genuine) as they had blocked 2 fraudulent payments on my card supposedly to Raddison Blu. 

they told me that there had been a serious data breach but wouldn’t tell me which company had been breached.

No further problems since and cards have been stopped and replaced.

lloyds were really efficient and new cards arrived day after our return.

hey you two, didn't you know Santa is living in Norway is also a scam ?  You don't have to fly out to see him...  If you are each good boys he will come to visit you next month. He's even got a new, tighter fitting, red coat so it's easier for him to slip through balanced flues !

... I said flues not loos  :rolleyes:

p.s. Thanks George for the heads up re. Booking.com

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

hey you two, didn't you know Santa is living in Norway is also a scam ?  You don't have to fly out to see him...  If you are each good boys he will come to visit you next month. He's even got a new, tighter fitting, red coat so it's easier for him to slip through balanced flues !

... I said flues not loos  

Ho Ho Ho Pete

Nobody in their right mind go's to Norway in January not even Santa, it's dark,cold and expensive but we have family there. so like the old saying "winter draws on." :unsure:

George