DashCam Repair

Hi Folks

for quite some time my NextBase 512 dashcam had been complaining of a low battery.

I would have thought it would be getting a charge whilst being used - but not so.

About 6 weeks ago it really wasn't happy.

A quick visit to EBAY brought up quite a few replacement batteries.  Not sure why but I went for one in Germany  (£28) 2 weeks delivery

The delivery ended up as 6 weeks due to UK customs.

Easy enough to  open the case - 4 very small countersunk screws.

There are 4 clips also holding the case together - these pop apart with a twist of a wide screw driver blade.

There is then a flexible copper track that needs pulling from a connector - flip up the black edge to release.(its obvious when you see it)

There are another 4 screws identical to the first 4 to release the PCB.  This will then reveal the battery

Unsolder the red & black wires.  Solder the new battery in place and button up. Should you drop a screw into  the depths it will be attached to the loudspeaker magnet.!!!

And  it worked - YIPPEE

Roger 

Edited by RogerH

Well done Roger

but to be honest I wouldn’t expect anything less from you !!

respect