TR4a suspending the exhaust

In the middle of the car, the exhaust is securely fixed to the chassis, but generally an exhaust is "suspended" with the use of silent rubber rings to prevent for vibrations, sound passing to the car ( that the case on the TR at the end with the suspended mufflers)  But how to do that? Rubber placed between the part 24 and the chassis yes but still there a metallic connection with nut an bolt, idem part 25, In my life I never encounter nuts and bolt in rubber...

I know the TR4 is already renown as an exceptional quiet, sound proofed car but typically of me I would add up a little touch...

Screenshot (446).png

Edited by Michel Higuet

Part 24 is not attached to the chassis, but rather to the rear of the gearbox, therefore it does not need any rubber mounting - it moves with the engine & gearbox.

Bob

I use that hanger, but perhaps because I have a 4-branch exhaust system, first I have to put a couple of washers and nut onto the bolt for the exhaust pipe before connecting to the exhaust clamp - this holds the exhaust pipe to the left so that it doesn't bang against the chassis forward of this clamp.

Ian Cornish