VW Passat Estate, 57 registration

Hi,

Is there a VW Passat owner who can tell me how to access the 12v outlet near the gear lever. I plugged the Tom Tom in today for the first time this month and there was no supply. The light on the connector did not show and the TT was not working at all.

I plugged it into the TR3 and it was working immediately.  The warning light on the screen lit up and TT searched for a nearby address. The cable , and the connector, are therefore in working order but the socket has no power.  It looks as if I may have to remove some interior trim. What I really want is a small fuse box hidden away, so that I can try a fuse change. ??? It looks as if everything else is working.

I have the handbook but the technical page shows all parts of the dashboard and mentions the outlet without any instructions.

Please can anyone advise ?

Richard & B

Thanks to everyone for the uTube links. I will be out in the garage this morning and I am hoping that it is the fuse and nothing more serious.

Thanks

Richard & B

PS ignition on 

Edited by Richardtr3a
extra answer

I was able to find the correct fuse and change it for a new one. The videos were very helpful but my car was a bit different. Anyway the unit is now working and the Tom Tom is charging. 

I sometimes have to move the plug slightly to make the connection. I think that a small mount of contact cleaning will improve it. How can I gat access to the actual socket which I would like on the bench ( kitchen table ) so that I can make it clean and accurate. It has an orange ring around the socket and maybe there should be a light as well.

The forum is a great place for help. Thanks very much

Richard & B