Hi Neil, 

followed all of the above with interest, 

think mid twenties should buy you a very nice, usable motor car, and I think you are taking the right approach

in waiting to find the right one.

John.

2 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hi Neil, 

followed all of the above with interest, 

think mid twenties should buy you a very nice, usable motor car, and I think you are taking the right approach

in waiting to find the right one.

John.

Hi John,

Haha, it’s been an interesting journey so far, and it’s taking me a while to reach this decision. I originally started at the very low end of £13-16k as a doer upper, then moved onto the £30k+ cars!

Like you I’m going to wait for a mid to early twenties car to come to market.

Has anything sparked your interest?

Best

Neil

A friend of mine is selling a nice 4A, in red I am afraid, but he has looked after it well & has a low mileage since restoration. A very honest seller & car. Advertised on www.carandclassic & is the car based in Tring. Worth a serious look.

30 minutes ago, monty said:

A friend of mine is selling a nice 4A, in red I am afraid, but he has looked after it well & has a low mileage since restoration. A very honest seller & car. Advertised on www.carandclassic & is the car based in Tring. Worth a serious look.

Hi Monty, I was just looking at this car a while back, and the reason I didn’t pursue was the wording in the description ‘There are known faults’ - I’m wondering if that should say, ‘there are no known faults’?

I may be wrong and there is known thoughts though ;)

Ultimately though, I’m looking for a Royal Blue one and will wait until the right car comes along. Thanks though!

Best

Neil

28 minutes ago, Neilson said:

Hi Monty, I was just looking at this car a while back, and the reason I didn’t pursue was the wording in the description ‘There are known faults’ - I’m wondering if that should say, ‘there are no known faults’?

I may be wrong and there is known thoughts though ;)

Ultimately though, I’m looking for a Royal Blue one and will wait until the right car comes along. Thanks though!

Best

Neil

Yes Neil, I am sure he meant ‘no known faults’. His spellchecker has not worked very well. It is a very sound car. I shall contact him now regarding his wording.

21 hours ago, Neilson said:

Hi guys, sorry for the radio silence, but I’ve decided to give it a miss.

I had a chat with a very knowledgeable chap on the forum who explained the difference between owning a fast road conversion and that webers, although amazing would pop and splutter in slow moving traffic.

Again who ever told you that has no knowledge of Weber’s or drove one that has been set up correctly.

Hi guys,

I have Weber’s on mine and they run fine at low speed, but they are 40 not 45.  Are 45 not better suited for a race car (larger pistons and high rpm)? Also i don’t like that there no air filter on the carbs, who would run a car without those?

cheers,

Laurent

1 hour ago, ntc said:

Again who ever told you that has no knowledge of Weber’s or drove one that has been set up correctly.

They did mention that there’s a smell of petrol that comes from the webers that get’s inside the cabin. Not sure if my wife would be happy with that, smelling of petrol rather than perfume haha!

I’m just relaying info I’ve heard, that not many people want to purchase ‘fast road’ cars, when you decide to move them on.

Again, I’m no expert so value everyone’s input on this forum.

I’m happy to wait for the right car

Thanks

Neil